Ad

Monday 5 January 2015

The Bathory Bespoke Bath Soak



I love a good bath product, especially when it feels a little bit luxe and the Soothe Bath Soak from The Bathory definitely does. It contains a base of pure epsom salts, oatmeal, honey and buttermilk which together leave skin feeling nourished and soft. The best part by far though, is the scent, you get to create it yourself by choosing 3 essential oils when you order it and it's hand blended just for you here in the UK!


I decided to go for Lavender, Ylang Ylang and Bergamot, all scents which I love but I had no idea how they would work together. I decided to risk it and I'm so glad I did because the combination smells amazing, I'm so pleased with it! 


The directions recommend either using 1/4, 1/2 or the full jar in your bath, I initially thought that seemed like a lot so I just put in a couple of capfuls and was a bit disappointed as there wasn't really any scent at all. The next time I tried it I decided to just go for it and poured in half the jar and it created such a lovely bath. The water went cloudy and took on the scent of the essential oils and the whole bathroom smelt lovely. Add to that the skin softening ingredients and I felt cosy and relaxed after my bath.


A Bathory Bath Soak would make a great treat to yourself or as a gift for someone else, they also have a couple of other bases and a good selection of oils to choose from. I'll definitely be experimenting with another combination next time, although I won't be using them too often as they work out quite expensive per bath, especially if you were to use the whole jar at once! 


Lastly, how pretty is the jar! I just love it, to me their packaging is just perfection. I almost can't wait till it runs out so I can use the jar to store my makeup brushes! 


Follow me on bloglovin' for more posts!


SHARE:

19 comments

  1. I've heard of this product before and love that you get to choose the ingredients :)


    www.stylesunrise.co.uk


    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is actually something I've never heard about, sounds really interesting x

    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautyosaurus Lex5 January 2015 at 23:52

    EEK! This looks so lovely, I have seen this brand popping up quite a bit lately and I am SO tempted to try it. Great choice of scent too, that is definitely what I would choose too :)

    Beautyosaurus Lex

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm not really much of a bath person but this sounds really nice!


    xx danielle // shadesofdanielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been really getting into baths especially on the weekends, will definitely give this product a try.


    www.clumsychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great, definitely worth a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, I was so pleased with how it turned out. I'd definitely recommend that combination! You should definitely try it :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really is lovely. Unfortunately I only have one bath's worth left in it so I'm saving it up! haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Let me know how you get on with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this sounds like an amazing product...definitely want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jessica (What To Style)6 January 2015 at 21:16

    I didn't know about this product before but it sounds amazing! Happy New Year! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG so pretty! Ugh - that's disappointing that you can only really use a jar for a couple times (or once) to get the true bath experience. Hope that bath was a good one!


    Tiff | AMtoPM

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is! Happy New Year to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know!! Haha it was definitely a good one thanks but now I only have one bath left in it. I kinda feel like I have to save it for a special occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is, definitely worth a go!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Try a shower oil! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know how I'd feel about that. To ration a bath, haha. But I'm sure it's a damn good bath!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your blog!

    Beautiful post :D

    belle-fin.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig