Ad

Friday 30 January 2015

Cold Weather Skin Saviours



If ever there's a time when my skin feels a bit dry, dehydrated and lacklustre it's at this time of year. The bitingly cold weather and central heating are recking havoc on my skin not to mention the after effects of one too many late nights in December. My skin has a tendency to get very sensitive in the cold but over the last few years I've managed to come up with an arsenal of products to keep it in tip top condition. 


Cleansing is so important in the cold, anything foaming will just strip the small amount of moisture there is in the skin. I've been using the Nude Perfect Cleansing Oil in the evenings and the Aurelia Miracle Cleanser in the mornings and as a second cleanse at night. The combination of the two have left my skin feeling fresh and clean but still plumped up, nourished and soft. 


The Clarins Special Eye Contour Balm is one I seem to come back to every winter, I spoke about it more in my Morning Skincare Routine Video which you can see here. It's rich and moisturising but still sinks in easily and sits well under makeup. I've also upped my usage of Time Bomb's Youth Juice Secret Oil from a couple of times a week to 3 or 4, I've also been piling it on on at-home, no makeup days. It too sinks in easily and the lovely scent makes it such a pleasure to use. 


I generally moisturise my body all year round but in winter I love an oil or a super rich body butter. The Bliss Lemon+Sage Body Butter is so thick it's almost solid, it takes a bit of rubbing in to get it to sink in but boy is it worth it! I've been quickly working my way through this deluxe sample tube but a full size purchase may be in order! 


Two things I definitely couldn't forgo are hand cream and lip balm, Soap & Glory Hand Food is everyones favourite for a reason, it smells lovely, is lastingly moisturising and most importantly doesn't leave a reside on the hands. The Body Shop's Coconut Lip Butter is thick and moisturising enough to heal even the most cracked lips but unfortunately does leave a bit of a pale cast on the lips. For that reason, I reserve it for overnight use and I always have super soft lips come morning!

What are your favourite cold weather products?



Follow me on bloglovin' for more posts!

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. My favourite hand cream is the Soap & Glory handfood and it is perfect for the cold winter months because it works beautifully and smells so nice. The clarins eye contour balm sounds quite good~ I should try out more products by the brand as some products seem to get quite good reviews!

    Thank you for posting, hope you have a nice day ♥

    Ying | * Y i n g c b e a u t y *

    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hand Food is amazing! Great picks, my skin is so dry at the moment so this was a great read! x
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new Soap and Glory handcream I think it's called hand-dream supercream or somthing like that but yeah it is incredible. PS. Love your blog

    http://alyshapaulsen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish the Nude oil had worked well on me! I loved the packaging and the smell- I'll have to give Aurelia a go.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig