Ad

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush in Flushed




The Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush in Flushed was the first cream blusher I ever tried and it still remains my favourite/most used. It's a great option if you've never tried cream blushers and you're not sure how to use them as this one is foolproof to apply. It has a cream to powder formula so it doesn't look super sheeny on your cheeks and doesn't slide around all over the place. 




There are two ways to apply this that work well for me, firstly with fingers. I use one finger to apply the product and then blend it out with a clean finger. This creates a really natural, seamless finish. The other way is using a Real Techniques Stippling Brush, I usually go for this option if I want to build up the product for a pop of colour on the cheeks. I just dip the brush lightly in the product and use a tapping motion to blend it out. With both methods start with a little and then add more bit by bit, it's a lot easier to add more than to take away! 


That said, although it's got a good amount of colour it's not completely packed with pigment so it's not going to leave you looking like a clown. If you do happen to go a bit overboard you can always fix the situation by dusting a bit of face powder over the top. The shade I have, flushed, is a bright, cool toned fuscia pink. It looks scary in the tub but on the skin it looks natural and very, very flattering. The blue undertones perk up the complexion and leave teeth and whites of eyes looking whiter. 


I've also spotted a coral shade called Coral Reef, it's definitely next on my list to try as I just love the formula! 




Follow me on bloglovin' for daily posts!







SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Looks like such a lovely blush, I must remember that one in my next drug store shopping list :)


    www.pamsstuffandthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is! They do quite a fe different shades so you'll be spoilt for choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty colour! Love a cream blush, never tried any from Revelon, but I think I might need to soon!

    - ellabellemin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post! I've been wanting to get more into cream blushes lately so I'll definitely be checking this one out.
    Meghan
    www.todaysbeautyobsession.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try the coral shade... Summer and corals are the perfect combination :)


    www.wednesday19th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely should!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I'm sure you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love corals in the summer too!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig