Ad

Sunday 6 July 2014

MAC Pro Longwear Foundation



You would be forgiven for thinking that based on the above image, this is a foundation I love. The truth is, in a desperate attempt to get this foundation to work for me I pumped a load of it into a pot and mixed it with moisturiser. Unfortunately, it still didn't work for me.


The MAC Pro Longwear SPF10 Foundation is designed to leave skin with a matte finish, something that I'm not to fond of anyway but that's not the main reason I dislike it. As much as I try and blend it in, and I've tried so many different ways, everything from fingers to numerous brushes, I can never get it to look like skin. It always leaves me with skin that looks like it has loads of foundation on it, and nobody wants that! I also find it dries and sets on the skin, a quality I would imagine is the the reason it lasts well, but to me it just felt like a mask like film. I much prefer makeup that allows my skin to 'breathe'. 


Of course everyone's skin is different and what works well for one may not work well for others so this might work really well for you! If you have any tips on making it work or how you use it I'd love to hear about it in the comments section below! 






SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I don't think I'll be able to return it but I'm keeping my bottle for back to mac :( I guess different products just work differently for different people. I'll definitely check out your blog. Make sure you enter my giveaway, it's closing soon!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig