Ad

Thursday 12 June 2014

Car Boot Sale Haul

Last sunday when the sun was shining we decided to head to our local car boot sale in search of a few bargains. Often with car boot sales I come away feeling like I haven't really found much but this time I really hit the jackpot!





Starting off with homeware, we got this huge mirror for only £10! I thought this was a brilliant bargain as mirrors are usually very expensive. I love the vintage French Country look that the frame has and I think that gold and cream looks lovely together. I've put it on the mantelpiece in the living room and I love the way it looks, it really opens up the room! (Please excuse the bare light in the pictures, the house is still a work in progress!)




Another item I instantly fell for was this vintage metal trolley with removable trays. I really like the gold circular pattern that trims each tray and I thought it might come in handy as I can never have enough storage items! I'll definitely be giving this piece a bit of a makeover, I was thinking of covering the bottom of the trays with some pretty cream or pastel paper. 





When it comes to storage, I love wicker. It keeps everything out of eyesight and looking tidy but in my opinion looks a lot better than having plastic storage everywhere.





I also got a really pretty mint watering can to water my new veg patch with but I've since discovered it leaks! I'm not too disappointed though as I only paid £1 for it and I can always use it to plant some pretty flowers or herbs in.

 


Some packets of seeds! I'm going to attempt growing some carrots in the garden this year as well as some cacti in pots indoors. I also got a wildflower seed mix which you just sprinkle and leave to do it's own thing, leaving you with lovely low maintenance flowers.





I picked up an old, well loved copy of Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie which I've been wanting to read for a very long time. It's been added to my 'to read' pile!


 


I managed to find a girl selling lots of lovely clothes, she was the same size as me and lots of her stuff was brand new with the tags still on! I had a rummage through and found a White Topshop Cami, which I love, some Gap Super Skinny jeans which are lovely but unfortunately a bit big for me, a white River Island shirt and Red Herring print top.





My biggest bargain by far was finding the stall of a manicurist who had tonnes of new high end nail varnishes! It seemed like too good a deal to pass up so I picked up quite a few by Nars, Illamasqua, Dior, Butter London, Nails Inc and Barry M. I'll be featuring them in upcoming NOTD posts so keep your eyes peeled if you fancy seeing them in action. I also got a Revlon Photoready Skinlights in the shade Bronze, a product I've been on the hunt for for a while but could never seem to find!


Do you ever go to Car Boot Sales?



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. That metal trolly is amazing! Awesome picks!

    http://breakfastatvogue111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you struck gold with some of these bargains! That nail varnish stall sounded amazing! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lara - adventuresofamum.com9 July 2014 at 22:45

    Wow!! Which car boot was this? It looks a-mazing! I'd love to find someone selling 2nd hand polishes as often I only use mine a couple of times! That mirror is beautiful! Well done you! x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig