Ad

Saturday 18 January 2014

REVIEW: Clarins Super Restorative Replenishing Comfort Mask



The Clarins Super Restorative Replenishing Comfort Mask is well named, because it does just that, restores, replenishes and comforts. Technically it has been designed for skin aged 50+ but I think if it does something for you then why not use it!


It has a super rich, creamy texture that really feels like it’s feeding the skin with all the nourishment that cold weather and central heating has stripped away. That’s thanks to the Mango Oil and Shea Butter. It also contains parsley extract and fruit acids to brighten the skin and eliminate dead surface cells, which it definitely manages to do while still being really gentle, I haven’t had any problems with it all in spite of my super sensitive winter skin.


The instructions suggest applying a thick layer and leaving it for 10 minutes, I’ve been leaving it on a bit longer than that. I just put it on when I get into the bath and I find all the hot steam makes it do an even better job. On some occasions, which has been rather often as of late, when my skin has been feeling extra dry, I’ve actually been using a thin layer instead of a night cream. I works really well for me this way because I wake up with skin that feels a lot better than it was the night before.


One point I have to address with this mask is the price, it is expensive, I have a mini size that came free as part of a gift with purchase offer that Clarins often have on.  That said, it’s so good that I definitely buy a full sized version when it runs out, not to use every night as a night cream or every week as a mask but just to whip out every now and then when my skin needs it or as a treat for a special occasion.


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt18 January 2014 at 11:36

    I love rich masks that really feel as if they transform your skin and this sounds like a lovely weekly treatment :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rich masks too . . . any other recommendations?

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig