Ad

Saturday 11 January 2014

Empties #5



Another month, another empties post, where I share with those who are interested what products I've used up, what I thought of them and wether or not I'll be repurchasing them. So here goes!


First up, bath and body, I was so sad to use up the last of my Botanics Relieving Bath Soak it smells amazingly relaxing, creates lots of lovely bubbles that don't dry out skin and is rather friendly on the wallet. It's by far my favourite high street/ drugstore bath product, it feels and smells so luxurious you'd think it was high end! Repurchase? Definitely!


Are you fed up of seeing Soap & Glory products in my empties posts yet? I'm certainly not fed up of using them! I've worked my way through their Clean On Me Shower Gel, it smells like Miss Dior, has built in moisturiser to leave your skin feeling soft and makes you wander around singing 'lean on me…' all morning! Repurchase? Yes


Yep, another Soap & Glory product, this time it's their Flake Away Body Scrub, with the same amazing scent as the shower gel and an amazingly scrubby texture this is by far the best scrub I've ever found, and trust me, I've tried a lot! Repurchase? Yes


I don't normally use body sprays but when I spotted the Yardley Peony Body Spray I had to try it,  I love absolutely anything peony fragranced and this one definitely didn't disappoint! Repurchase? They also make an Eau De Toilette of this scent which I'm trying to get my hands on instead.


Onto skincare, seeing as I went away over Christmas I took some of my minis with me. I don't usually use foaming cleansers, I tend to stick with gentler cream or oil formulas but seeing as I had a mini Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser, I thought I'd give it a go. It's very gentle for a foaming cleanser, as the name would suggest, it leaves the skin feeling quite soft and nourished and it's handy if you don't want to be faffing about with flannels like I usually do. That said, I'm still not converted! Repurchase? No


On the other hand I absolutely loved the Clarins HydraQuench Cream for Normal to Dry Skin, I've used a few of their products from this range and they've all been winners with me, this cream is really rich and moisturising but still has a light texture that sinks into the skin easily. My skin never felt dry while using it. Repurchase? Yes


Next up, Caudalie Grape Water, I absolutely love this stuff, you can use it in so many ways, as a toner, to set makeup or just when your skin needs an extra moisture boost. Full review here. Repurchase? Already have!


The Body Shop do some really great budget skincare products and the Hemp Face Protector is one of my favourites for parched, uncomfortable, eczema prone, winter skin. It's a really rich nourishing formula that keeps all those nasties at bay! Full review here. Repurchase? Yes


I usually love Kerastase products but unfortunately the Resistance Masque Force Architecte was a bit of a disappointment. It wasn't terrible, but it was nowhere near as good as the masks in their Nutritive range. Repurchase? No


Last of all I finished an Avon Brow Definer in Soft Black, the first ever brow product I've ever used up! The formula and staying power was great but I found the colour to be a tiny bit on the dark side. Repurchase? Yes but one shade lighter.


What products have you used up lately?

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I adore your scent description of the Clean on Me Shower Gel, one of my favorite favorite perfumes! I'm sold!
    -xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks! Flake away body scrub and the rightous butter body butter have the same fragrance too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious to find out what blog system you happen to be using?

    I'm having some small security issues with my latest blog
    and I would like to find something more risk-free.
    Do you have any solutions?

    my website;

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig