Ad

Sunday 5 January 2014

Botanics Facial Oil 100% Organic Review



Usually I'd wait at least 6 weeks before reviewing a skincare product, that usually gives it enough time to prove itself. With the Botanics 100% Organic Facial Oil I had to make an exception, I just couldn't resist! I've been using it a mere 3 weeks and I'm already seeing such amazing results that I felt them just too good not to share! 


First of all, let me just mention the price, with most high end facial oils costing from 35 upwards and most high street/drugstore versions being laden with mineral oil and therefore not worth the effort. This one seems to contain ingredients good enough to rival the most expensive of facial oils but for a mere 9.99, and as if that's not good enough it's currently on half price at just 4.99! 


So what's in it? Sweet Almond Oil, Argan Oil, Rosehip Oil and Bergamot Fruit Oil as well as lots of other skin loving ingredients. Rosehip oil is particularly good for fading hyper-pigmentation so if you have old spot scars, sun damage or any uneven skin tone this would work very well for you. 


The instructions say to work a couple of drops into the skin morning and night but I find the finish to be a bit too dewy for me in the day time, perhaps that should be reserved for just those with very dry skin. I tend to skip the day dose and double up on the night one, 4 drops massaged into the face and neck until it has completely sunk in, leave it a few minutes (while I brush my teeth), then follow with my usual night time moisturiser. 


In just the 3 weeks that I've been using it, I've noticed an incredible improvement in moisture levels and skin texture, my skin gets very dehydrated during the cold winter months and even has a tendency to turn into eczema if left unattended. This has managed to keep that completely at bay, with not a single dry patch in sight. It has also left my skin feeling incredibly soft and smooth come morning. It has also noticeably faded some relatively new spot scars and I'm hoping with continued use it will start to make an effect on the older ones too. 


All in all it is an incredible product that I would recommend to absolutely everyone! I just can't rave about it enough!  


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt5 January 2014 at 11:17

    I really enjoy using oils as part of my routine and for me Clarins and Decleor has an amazing range. This sounds really good so I'd like to try this and see how it measures up :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a crazy fan of facial oils. I'm the same way with skincare it takes weeks and sometimes finishing the product before i really decide if i love it. When i tried rose hip oil i noticed results within a week, i guess facial oils work more quick than any other skin care products.

    http://makeupmonster77.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Clarins oils! Never tried any by Decleor though. This one is definitely worth a try, the biggest difference you'll probably notice is the scent, this one doesn't have that amazing spa like scent of some of the more expensive oils, but it does work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great review. I'm planning in investing in a facial oil soon because my skin seems to be so dehydrated from the cold weather etc. However, i still haven't decided yet because quite alot of the ones i want to try are quite expensive. I would have honestly opted for the Clarins version, but after reading this review~ I am totally drawn to it and want to try it out.

    Thank you for the great review :) Following you now. Looking forward to more posts from you. Have a great day <3

    Ying ♥ || *- YingcBeauty-*
    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean, I sometimes even buy stuff more than once to really decided!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, glad you found it useful! If you do try it out I'd love to know how you get on!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig