Ad

Tuesday 9 July 2013

A Little Trip to French Sephora


Sephora is one of my favorite shops and I really wish we had it here in the UK! So naturally when I was on holiday in France, I just had to dive in to see what treasures I could find!  



Just incase you hadn't already guessed, peony is one of my favorite scents (no prizes for guessing the other I'm afraid!) Last time I was in France I picked up the Sephora Peony Scented Candle and the Sephora Peony Eau De Toilette both of which I absolutely love! I wasn't sure when I'd next have a chance to get some more so I really saved it up! Unfortunately the Eau De Toilette only comes in a 7ml purse spray which is very annoying but I got another one anyway! I also got the Sephora Peony Creamy Body Wash and the Sephora Peony Nourishing Body Butter. 




Another repurchase is the Sephora Waterproof eye makeup remover. I was forced to buy this on a previous holiday when I very cleverly packed waterproof mascara but no remover! I went for this one at the time because it was the cheapest (only 3 euros for a small bottle and 5.60 for a large!) but soon found it was brilliant! Removes even the smokiest of smoky eyes in a flash, doesn't leave an oily residue and doesn't upset my sensitive eyes! Much better than some of the high end alternatives I've tried! 

I came across the Sephora Express Body Scrub and Mask and couldn't resist! A possible dupe for Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Body Intensive Exfoliating Treatment? Perhaps! A supercharged exfoliator with the usual grainy texture but the added benefit of exfoliating AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids - fruit derived acids which gently digest dead skin cells to reveal fresher looking skin). As well as this there's an extra bonus! You can use it two ways, as a normal scrub or as a mask, applied onto dry skin, left for 1 minute and washed off. I have high hopes for this product!

Another AHA containing product which made it's way into my basket was the Sephora Gentle Exfoliator Cleansing Cream. A lovely non-foaming cream cleanser with an AHA boost. I will be trying this out as a cleanser but also as a mask! 

There's nothing quite as refreshing as a nice face mist, except for maybe a cool shower and a glass of lemonade! But when I have neither handy a rummage in my bag and little spritz does the trick! The Sephora Softening Facial Mist was given a test in the shop, (much to the surprise of the lady standing behind me who unfortunately had her eyes open!) it leaves a lovely dewy freshness on the skin and smells lovely without being overpowering.  




The new Sephora Colour Hit Nail Polishes caught my eye with their brilliant range of colours, flat brushes and promise of 5 days of chip free nails. I went for 60 Curacao and 59 Shark Attack. I was in The Cote D'Azur after all!




My makeup bag is forever a mess from brushes being flung in covered in blusher and bronzer so I picked up the Sephora Retractable Powder Brush to keep my on-the-go makeup bad nice and tidy.


I've been on the hunt for a matte pink blusher for a while now for days when I want a subtle flush rather than a full on shimmer and Sephora Colourful Blush in 18 Rose Pop seemed to fit the bill perfectly!

Sephora Highlighting Compact Powder in Golden was the first item in my basket, a lovely sandy-gold highlighting powder which when dusted on gives the skin a lovely healthy glow. Nice and finely milled with not a chunk of glitter in sight!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig